SEO is an ever changing world there’s no doubt. There was a time a few years ago when the SEO specialist worked diligently to figure out the “secret formula” for getting sites to rank high in the SERPs. For a long time SEO best practices were built around finding the right keyword density, building links from high ranking sites, image optimization, etc. But that was when SEO was considered a science and all the boxes in the forms just needed to be filled out. Today, SEO has made a shift from this type of pseudo-science to being more of an art form. It’s no longer a formulaic endeavor with well defined steps to follow. You cannot “do SEO” one time and then walk away and realize success. It takes a multitude of ongoing tactics, skills and strategies to get a site to rank. Continue reading “SEO is an Art”
There can be many advantages to using a photo sharing website and they are becoming more and more popular. It does not take very long to upload all your pictures, and in most cases, the sites are free to use. There are usually some additional paid features like extra storage space, higher image resolution or ad-free pages that can be purchased. The sites are generally set up to be very easy to use and it allows users to share their photos with distant friends and family members. In days gone by, people collected printed photos in photo albums in order to be able to share them with friends and family but that is not very convenient. By using a photo sharing site once the photos are uploaded they can be shared around the world in a matter of seconds. Another great advantage associated with using photo sharing sites is that you have all of your photos in one place. This is much more convenient than storing them on multiple computers or devices. The photos do not have to be transferred to another device if one should crash or be replaced with a newer model. Photos are all together in one location and easily accessed. Continue reading “Top Photo Sharing Websites”
There are many people who really just don’t get search engine optimization (SEO). If they are not following SEO best practices on a regular basis, it is easy for them to think that it is as easy as creating a site, fill it with content, and then build links from as many places as possible. And in reality, that actually works – sometimes. But as a general rule, the reality is that SEO is a craft, or a unique practice. It can be very easily misunderstood and equally as difficult to hire an SEO specialist who thinks past the simplicity to the more complex issues we face.
Is SEO a Science?
There are some solid definitions of science which includes: Continue reading “SEO is a Science”
Blogs have become a great way to express thoughts, promote, create an internet presence, and publish content. Using a free blogging platform like WordPress, Blogger, Weebly, Jux, and Tumblr, make publishing your blogs easy. Here is some in depth information on the best blogging platform for your SEO strategy and some tips on customizing and personalizing it.
When trying to figure out what is the best platform to run your websites blog on, you are confronted with many options. The spokesperson from Google, Matt Cutts, stated that WordPress was made to do SEO well. Coming from someone at Google, the advice should be well worth looking into. Here are some reasons that WordPress is the best blogging platform when it comes to SEO. Continue reading “What is the Best Blogging Platform for SEO?”
Becoming an expert in your field has become a very important part of SEO and establishing your online business presence. When you are established as an expert in your field, you gain the trust of your clients and site visitors. You are more likely to be recommended by others who see you as an expert. The primary way to be recognized as an industry expert is basically to get yourself out there. By sharing what you know on industry related topics, you will increase your visibility and build an online community around you. It is important to know how to leverage your expertise in order to help your brand have a further reach. There are some methods that are considered to be good on page or off page SEO strategies. Here are a few to use to help establish yourself as an expert in your industry. Continue reading “What is an expert?”
Today’s digital landscape can be a scary place for those who have not kept up with the latest trends in technology. Over the last few years, digital marketing has continued to evolve and social media along with mobile use has become more mainstream. With research showing that more buyers conduct online research prior to making a purchase, it has become crucial for businesses to engage and invest in digital marketing campaigns. Developing a digital marketing strategy can be broken into several key steps. It is well worth the time it takes to develop a strategy as it will provide a blueprint that will drive traffic,
Steps to developing an effective digital marketing Strategy:
If you are new to the world of digial marketing you should take time to learn about the field, read some of the top digital marketing blogs and watch videos that discuss SEO. Once you are familiar with some of the basic terminology you can proceed to the work itself.
- Make an analysis of your current state. Look at what types of digital media you already have at your disposal. For example, it is likely you have already been in contact with an SEO firm and have a company website. In many cases, businesses also have an established presence on some social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Perhaps you’ve started on some of these sites but have not completed their setup. This is an essential step and you will want to make sure that you are making full use of SEO strategies such as properly using related keywords in titles, WebPages and tags.
- Analyze your audience. This might be the most important step in the process of developing a digital marketing strategy. Reaching your customers is the ultimate goal and it is necessary to know where they are, what they like and what they are likely to respond to. As with any business, customers are number 1 and they are your primary concern. Think about what group(s) you want to reach and exactly who you are targeting with your digital marketing campaign. Determining who you want to reach is essential for developing other steps in the process.
- Determine your marketing goals. You need to define your specific goals. Do you want to increase site visitors by 50 per day or obtain 300 new visitors by the end of the campaign? Perhaps you have only 20-30 likes on your Facebook page and you want to increase this number to over 100 by the end of a couple of months. Goals should be ranked in order to track your successes. Determining your goals should include: specific numbers, be measurable, actionable, realistic and reasonable, and timed.
- Choose the digital channels you will be using to reach your audience. The best channels to use will actually be determined by the audience. You have many channels at your disposal including: social media sites, email marketing, print, webinars, Podcasts, text marketing, YouTube videos, search engine marketing and pay per click just to name some of the most popular channels. You may start with just a couple of channels and extend out to 10 or more at a later date. Depending on your industry and the audience you are trying to reach you may choose to start developing content for a company blog or email marketing. Just remember that your audience is the heart of any campaign – use the channels they are using.
- Develop an action plan. Once you decide exactly what you want to do and the channels you want to use you can begin developing content. Your action plan will depend largely on the type of content you are creating and the channels you are using. Develop high quality content that will be distributed on the digital channels. This should be keyword rich and contain carefully crafted titles which help actively engage the audience. Your content is actually the crux of the matter and how it is presented will determine whether or not the campaign is successful at reaching your goals. Once you know your channels and your action plan determine a set schedule. For instance, if you are starting with a blog determine when you will be updating the blog. You may choose every Tuesday morning or two to three times per week. Just set your schedule and then be consistent.
- Measure and interact. No matter what digital channels are being used it is important to measure effectiveness. You may count emails, inquiries, or site visitors. You can also use more complex methods of measuring such as Google analytics. It is important to continue to monitor the effectiveness of a digital marketing campaign to determine what might (or might not) need to be tweaked.
In the simplest of terms, digital marketing is promoting products, brands, reputation or services through one or more types of electronic media. One of the biggest advantages to using digital marketing over more traditional forms of marketing is that marketing campaigns can be analyzed in real time to see what is working and not working. A digital marketing company can monitor what is actually being viewed, how often it is viewed, as well as how long it is viewed. Through the use of digital marketing analysis, companies can even tell what types of content works or does not work and even the specifics of sales conversions. In most cases when the term digital marketing is used people think about the internet or websites, but there are also many other channels and that can be used such as wireless text messaging, mobile apps, Podcasts, electronic digital television, or mobile instant messaging.
The Difference Between Digital Marketing and Internet Marketing
Internet marketing is a form of digital marketing and they are not synonymous. Internet marketing does incorporate the use of many digital channels such as SEO, advertising or email marketing. But digital marketing goes past what just the Internet can provide and includes many other digital or electronic devices. Continue reading “What is the Definition of Digital Marketing?”