Content marketing is important for all businesses including doctor’s offices and specialty medical practices. Like many organizations, a doctor’s office contends with the need to not only provide quality care but to continuously attract new patients. Let’s face it, without new patients; a doctor’s office will not be able to stay in operation for long. This is where the power of content marketing for doctors is evidenced. Content marketing, or the strategic use of digital content to communicate with prospective and current patients by providing valuable information, is no longer an option, and is instead a must for today’s modern medical practices. Here are some of the top benefits of content marketing for today’s savvy doctors. Continue reading “Content Marketing for Doctors”
Over the last few years there has been a lot of focus on SEO trends especially where marketing is concerned. There are many who tend to feel that the season for traditional marketing has passed. Even though the world is lunging headlong into an increasingly digital world, there is still a place for traditional marketing. That is, as long as you know how it works and how to get the most out of it.
What is Traditional Marketing?
Barketing is a type of communication which transpires between a business and an audience. Many different methods can be used to get the information about products or services out to consumers. Traditional marketing incorporates many non-digital forms of communication such as business cards, mailers, promotional products or flyers, ads in newspapers or magazines, and live events. One of the most critical elements in successful marketing is diversity. Online marketing uses digital means of communication like blogging or social media outlets. However, it is important to note that people are not always looking at a mobile device or computer. There are many valuable opportunities that are worth time and attention to reach the desired audience.
Advantages of using Traditional Marketing Strategies
Even though a social media campaign is an essential part of a competitive marketing campaign today, there is still room for traditional marketing and some great advantages. It really does not have to be one or the other – both traditional and digital marketing strategies can be used in a single campaign as they are potentially complementary of one another and work well together to reach a broader audience. You do not have to give up either one. Traditional marketing does have its own advantages including:
- An extremely high level of engagement – Most of the printed marketing materials today will contain a reference to the website of the company. They may offer an alternative way to connect by issuing an invitation such as, “Visit our Facebook page to learn more.” This engages consumers in a traditional way but also encourages yet another level of engagement.
- Builds on a pre-existing market – For any business that has been around for any length of time, they already have a market. Depending on the age of the business, loyal, first customers were likely introduced to the business through print ads, billboards or other traditional media. Today, traditional media can help expand the reach of digital efforts and vice versa while building on a solid marketing that already exists.
- Up close and personal – Various events like public speaking engagements, conventions or press conferences can still be very valuable and effective tools. These can provide an opportunity to answer consumer’s questions and gives you a lot more control over the message you want to convey. Door to door marketing and handing out flyers can still be a very effective strategy, especially for the small business that has a much smaller target area to reach.
Reaching a Larger Audience with Traditional Marketing Techniques
No one will argue about the power of social media. But an equally impressive impact can be achieved through many traditional marketing efforts. Strategies include things like printed materials, outdoor advertising and location based ads. Many radio stations and TV stations offer some beneficial targeted marketing strategies and solutions. Through these media, you can schedule your ad to air at a specific time or during a specific program. Another useful way to generate leads is through participating in different community events which allows for face to face marketing. This also offers a great way to market through the use of promotional products. Raising brand awareness is one of the primary goals of marketing efforts. Another marketing strategy is to sponsor local or regional events. These are usually very affordable sponsorships and can even be specially tailored to a business’ advertising budget. It offers a way to get the name of the business out in the view of a local audience without spending enormous amounts of money.
Traditional marketing has two factors that makes it continue to be relevant today. One is that there is already an established audience in place and the second is that it is easy to direct messages to a specific demographic in order to maximize its impact.
Today’s digital landscape can be a scary place for those who have not kept up with the latest trends in technology. Over the last few years, digital marketing has continued to evolve and social media along with mobile use has become more mainstream. With research showing that more buyers conduct online research prior to making a purchase, it has become crucial for businesses to engage and invest in digital marketing campaigns. Developing a digital marketing strategy can be broken into several key steps. It is well worth the time it takes to develop a strategy as it will provide a blueprint that will drive traffic,
Steps to developing an effective digital marketing Strategy:
If you are new to the world of digial marketing you should take time to learn about the field, read some of the top digital marketing blogs and watch videos that discuss SEO. Once you are familiar with some of the basic terminology you can proceed to the work itself.
- Make an analysis of your current state. Look at what types of digital media you already have at your disposal. For example, it is likely you have already been in contact with an SEO firm and have a company website. In many cases, businesses also have an established presence on some social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Perhaps you’ve started on some of these sites but have not completed their setup. This is an essential step and you will want to make sure that you are making full use of SEO strategies such as properly using related keywords in titles, WebPages and tags.
- Analyze your audience. This might be the most important step in the process of developing a digital marketing strategy. Reaching your customers is the ultimate goal and it is necessary to know where they are, what they like and what they are likely to respond to. As with any business, customers are number 1 and they are your primary concern. Think about what group(s) you want to reach and exactly who you are targeting with your digital marketing campaign. Determining who you want to reach is essential for developing other steps in the process.
- Determine your marketing goals. You need to define your specific goals. Do you want to increase site visitors by 50 per day or obtain 300 new visitors by the end of the campaign? Perhaps you have only 20-30 likes on your Facebook page and you want to increase this number to over 100 by the end of a couple of months. Goals should be ranked in order to track your successes. Determining your goals should include: specific numbers, be measurable, actionable, realistic and reasonable, and timed.
- Choose the digital channels you will be using to reach your audience. The best channels to use will actually be determined by the audience. You have many channels at your disposal including: social media sites, email marketing, print, webinars, Podcasts, text marketing, YouTube videos, search engine marketing and pay per click just to name some of the most popular channels. You may start with just a couple of channels and extend out to 10 or more at a later date. Depending on your industry and the audience you are trying to reach you may choose to start developing content for a company blog or email marketing. Just remember that your audience is the heart of any campaign – use the channels they are using.
- Develop an action plan. Once you decide exactly what you want to do and the channels you want to use you can begin developing content. Your action plan will depend largely on the type of content you are creating and the channels you are using. Develop high quality content that will be distributed on the digital channels. This should be keyword rich and contain carefully crafted titles which help actively engage the audience. Your content is actually the crux of the matter and how it is presented will determine whether or not the campaign is successful at reaching your goals. Once you know your channels and your action plan determine a set schedule. For instance, if you are starting with a blog determine when you will be updating the blog. You may choose every Tuesday morning or two to three times per week. Just set your schedule and then be consistent.
- Measure and interact. No matter what digital channels are being used it is important to measure effectiveness. You may count emails, inquiries, or site visitors. You can also use more complex methods of measuring such as Google analytics. It is important to continue to monitor the effectiveness of a digital marketing campaign to determine what might (or might not) need to be tweaked.
Google is constantly being changed to update the way that it sees WebPages. While Google openly talks about their goals of weeding out low quality sites that do not satisfy surfers with good quality content, the algorithms remain shrouded in secrecy. Here is a few of the ways that Google sees your website and how it comes up with the order of the results for related searches.
There are a variety of domains to choose from when you are picking what you want for your website. They were all originally created with various meanings while, over time, they have lost this specific classification. You can choose between .com, .org, or thousands of other domains to create a website name that is right for you. Here is some information on a few of the domains you can get and some history concerning them.
Some Domain Rules
Before jumping into the domains themselves, here are some important rules you will need to remember. The name can contain any number, letter, dash, or hyphen. Although they can have dashes and hyphens, the domain name may not begin or end with it. The system is not sensitive to a letters case so your site can be written with any combination of uppercase and lowercase. Continue reading “Is a .com URL Better than a .org URL?”
Natural link building is another way, besides using custom content with integrated keywords, to help your site get a higher rank on search engines. This is a form of off-site search engine optimization that can help you jump up into the spot on Google you want. There are many common ways of building natural links to your website. Here are a few examples of moves you can make to improve your websites natural link building.
How Natural Link Building Works
If someone puts a link to your website or blog because they enjoy your site and want their own readers to enjoy the content as well, this is a natural link. Any site that points visitors toward your website can be considered natural links. Any link that does not involve your input is considered natural. This is not something that happens often, unprovoked. There are a lot of things that you can do to help your website generate some natural links. Continue reading “What is Natural Link Building?”
If you own a website, and you have not hired a SEO company to help with your digital marketing strategy, then you should look into doing some of your own SEO strategy, or Search Engine Optimization. SEO can help create traffic to your website of customers that are interested in your product. It is quite possible to create SEO for your website without the use of an digital marketing company in New Jersey, but it is also possible to be your own dentist and pull your own teeth as well. In both cases, users will likely experience less pain and better results by hiring a professional to take care of what they do best.
What is SEO?
If you do not already know, Search Engine Optimization is the process in which you assure your website is placed higher in the search engine results than that of your closest competitors. Most searches that are done use Google, MSN, or Yahoo, while Google has such a strong hold on the search engine market that many tips for SEO strategy are geared toward it. To understand how it works, you must understand how a search engine chooses its results. Continue reading “Can I Do SEO Myself?”
Search engines have become something that is commonplace in our day to day lives and it’s very hard to even try and imagine our world today without them. It’s hard to realize sometimes that search engines are only about 20 years old. Because we have unlimited sources of knowledge at our fingertips there are many things in our lives that have changed. Search engines have changed how we find out information, our study habits, and even our educational abilities. They have also changed how we connect and interact with family and friends. And they’ve even changed how we search for products and services. We do not have to stumble on an ad in order to find a desired service or thumb through endless yellow pages, we can actively seek out the information we desire about anything that we want to purchase. The ways consumer behaviors have changed have really been instrumental in the growth of SEO as we know it. We can become so accustomed to the way things are that we forget how they even began. Continue reading “What is the History of SEO?”